Emergency lighting is the lighting that is activated when there is a power failure or an emergency incident. Emergency lighting takes on the functions of general lighting in the event of a power failure and provides the so-called. It is by law that all residential and commercial properties must have emergency lights.
What are the standards?
Evacuation lighting should ensure the lowest illumination in the main passages and on the stairs: indoors – 0.5 lux, in open areas – 0.2 lux. Emergency lighting provides the minimum necessary lighting conditions to continue working indoors and outdoors in cases where the absence of artificial lighting can cause severe consequences for people. In the event of an incident and/or power cut, people must be able to evacuate the area by being directed to the exits.
Also, safety signs should indicate the location of medical aid points, firefighting equipment and emergency communications.
As your trusted electrician in Sydney, ASSA will guide you through everything you need to know about emergency lightings. Installing these fixtures at the required spots, we know how to create a proper evacuation lighting structure.
- These are fixtures that are installed permanently at specific locations and can illuminate up to 90 minutes.
- They are able to give out enough illumination for safe movement of people in pitch darkness. They are not supposed to be dim.
- There are emergency lights that are durable in wet conditions and we can install them at your properties, too.
Places that require emergency lights
Building Code of Australia states that emergency lights must be installed in commercial and multi-dwelling residential buildings. There are also different building classes – A class 1 building doesn’t require emergency lighting as much as class 9 building does. ASSA has always suggested its customers install emergency lightings in their properties because we care about their wellbeing.
Buildings that require emergency lightings
- Commercial/Office Buildings
- Government Buildings
- Entertainment hubs, cinemas, theatres
- Shopping centres, shops, supermarkets
- Residential buildings
Why choose us
Throughout the years as electricians, we have heard many stories from clients about poor experiences with electricians and other services, from electricians being late or not showing up at all and leaving a mess while the issue isn’t even resolved.
Our equipment is the most advanced and we have the human power to use them to their limits. Following technology closely, we are upgrading our inventory consistently.
It is fun and easy to advertise a guaranteed work, everyone does it. Our difference is our consistency and knowing that every single member of our personnel will provide you with the same amazing service that you deserve. No matter whom you deal with at any time of the day or night our service will never compromise from quality.
- We will be ready at your address on schedule.
- We will clean up after ourselves once the job is done.
- We will take care of your issue while being respectful to the place.
- We will provide you with an upfront quote and no surprise fees.
- We will make sure you satisfied with the job before we leave.
- No headaches, just amazing work – it is guaranteed.
In need of an electrician service in Sydney? Call us today and find out yourself why we have been praised as the best electrician service in Sydney. Dealing with all aspects of electricity services, we will never leave you helpless. Determined to fix your issues, whether it is day or night, we will be right by your side in any type of emergency.